Our favorite kind of tour! Meet your farmers, eat fresh food while seeing how your food is grown and raised. We offer these tours throughout the year, rotating with the seasons. You choose your mode of transportation: bicycle on our Agro Cycle Tour or Car on our FARMeander Weekend.
Agro Cycle Tours are a partnership between Walton Wellness and Georgia Food Tours.
Agro Cycle Tour Sponsors:
On-Site Farm-Sourced Meal by:
Event Road Safety Signs Provided by:
Fall AGRO CYCLE TOUR $10-$60
One day farm tour traveling anywhere from 15-50 miles via bicycle. Exploring organic and certified naturally grown farms, Georgia Food Tours’ Agro Cycle Tours explore the path your food makes from farm to table.
Sunday, September 14th, 8am-4pm in Monroe, GA: 45 mile route.
The 45 mile tour is broken down into smaller between farms.
Timing: 45 Mile Ride & Farm Tours 8am-2pm, Lunch @ Harris Homestead 2-4pm
- Package Deal: Cycle + Lunch: $50 pre-purchase, $60 day-of purchase.
- Lunch Ticket Only: $10/person pre-purchase/ $12 day-of.
- Children 6 yrs & under are free to all portions of the event! If you have a small child or non-cyclists in your group and would like to drive your car from farm-to-farm, this is no problem.
- Harris Homestead is open to the public on Sunday from noon-5pm (the Agro Cycle Tour ends officially at 4, but the festival at Harris Homestead will continue until 5pm.). Purchase food & fun at-will. Please bring cash.
* Have your friends join you after the ride from 2-4pm for lunch, refreshments and fun at Harris Homestead (see address below).
Your tour route:
45 miles visiting Foster-Brady Farm, Darby Farms, Down to Earth Energy & William Harris Homestead in Monroe, Georgia. Parking is provided for cyclists at Windstream, 3375 Georgia 11, Monroe, GA. Day-of registration and check-in begins at 7:15am. Tour begins promptly at 8am.
Follow link to view Agro Cycle Tour route.
Agro Cycle Tour: this is a bicycle ride tour of locally owned farms. Your ticket purchase includes tastes at each farm, a farm sourced meal at the end of the tour and expertise of our bike mechanic and SAG wagon. We also donate a portion of your ticket purchase to each farm on tour and Georgia Bikes! to help support their operations.
BYOB Event!(Bring Your Own Bike)
We offer lunch ticket prices so that your friends and family who aren't into riding their bikes or may not be available the entire day can come enjoy the delicious food & beautiful scenery of William Harris Homestead post-ride from 2-4pm. Invite your friends!
Please bring cash or check to purchase day-of farm tour/ lunch tickets and produce from the farmers on tour.
Georgia Food Tours is planning a farm our weekend around the wonderful farms near Madison, GA. We are still in the planning stages of this event. If you would like to learn more about FARMeander Weekend, please email us at Eat@GeorgiaFoodTours.com. FARMeander Weekend is a partnership between Georgia Food Tours and the Madison-Morgan Conservancy.