Our favorite kind of tour! One day farm tour traveling anywhere from 10-50 miles via bicycle. Exploring organic and certified naturally grown farms, Georgia Food Tours’ Agro Cycle Tours explore the path your food makes from farm to table.
Agro Cycle Tour Sponsors:
On-Site Farm-Sourced Meal by:
Event Road Safety Signs Provided by:
AGRO CYCLE TOUR
- Saturday, March 28, 2015 near Athens, GA
- Summer 2015 TBA
- Fall 2015 TBA
Saturday, March 28, 2015
- 3 Porch Farm (10 & 30 mile route)
- Anderson Farms (30 mile route only)
- Jimmy Poss's Wood Shop
- Watson Mill Bridge State Park
- Adult Cycle Tour + Lunch: $38(30 mile)/$34(10 mile) pre-purchase, $43 day-of purchase.
- Student Cycle Tour + Lunch: $28(30 mile)/$24 (10 mile) (student rate available for pre-purchase only)
- Children (7-12 years old) Cycle Tour + Lunch: $18(30 mile)/$14(10 mile), $20 day-of purchase
- Children 6 yrs & under are free to all portions of the event!
Do we need to bring our own bicycle? Yes! This tour is BYOB(bicycle). Please also bring your helmet. We do not have bicycle or helmet rental available on-site. To inquire about bicycle rentals, contact Georgia Cycle Sport in Athens ASAP to reserve your bicycle. Make sure to tell them you are specifically renting a bike for the Agro Cycle Tour.
What is included in my ticket purchase? Your ticket purchase includes tastes at each farm, lunch by Home.Made Catering at 3 Porch Farm, plus the expertise of our SAG wagon from Georgia Cycle Sport. We also donate a portion of your ticket purchase to each farm on tour and Georgia Bikes! to help support their operations.
Where do we park? For all routes, this tour begins at Watson Mill Bridge State Park: 650 Watson Mill Road, Comer, GA 30629. Follow signs for Agro Cycle Tour parking within the park.
When does day-of registration begin?
For those participating in the 30 mile tour route, Day-of registration and check-in begins at 7:15am near the event parking at Watson Mill Bridge Park (follow the signs). Tour begins promptly at 8am.
- For those participating in the 10 mile route, day-of registration & check-in begins at 10am near the event parking at Watson Mill Bridge Park (follow the signs). Tour beginning promptly at 10:30am.
Do we need cash? Please bring cash or check to purchase day-of tour tickets and produce from the farmers on tour.
Is there a map of the route available? Yes, we will have a tour route map available on this web page by March 1, 2015.
I don't cycle. Can I drive my car to the farms? Sure! If you have a small child or non-cyclists in your group and would like to drive your car from farm-to-farm, this is no problem.
Watson Mill Bridge State Park location shown on map above.'
Georgia Food Tours is planning a farm our weekend around the wonderful farms near Madison, GA. We are still in the planning stages of this event. If you would like to learn more about FARMeander Weekend, please email us at Eat@GeorgiaFoodTours.com. FARMeander Weekend is a partnership between Georgia Food Tours and the Madison-Morgan Conservancy.